Chain Maintenance Method and Steps
Sprockets should be installed on axles without skewing or swinging. In the same transmission component, the end faces of two sprockets should be located in the same plane. When the center distance of sprockets is less than 0 and 5 meters, the allowable deviation is 1 mm. When the center distance of sprockets is more than 0 and 5 meters, the allowable deviation is 2 mm. However, there is no side phenomenon of friction sprocket teeth. If the offset of the two wheels is too large, it will easily lead to chain-breaking and accelerated wear. When replacing sprockets, attention must be paid to checking and adjusting the offset.
2. Chain tightness should be appropriate, too tight to increase power consumption, bearing is easy to wear; too loose chain is easy to jump and release. The degree of elasticity of the chain is: lifting or pressing from the middle of the chain, the center distance between the two sprockets is about 2-3 cm.
3. The new chain is too long or elongated after use, so it is difficult to adjust. It can be disassembled according to the situation, but it must be even. Chains should be passed through the back of the chain, the lock piece is inserted outside, and the opening of the lock piece should be in the opposite direction of rotation.
4. New sprockets and chains should be replaced at the same time to ensure good meshing after severe wear and tear of sprockets. New chains or sprockets should not be replaced alone. Otherwise, it will cause bad meshing to accelerate the wear of new chains or sprockets. When the sprocket tooth surface is worn to a certain extent, it should be turned over in time (refers to sprocket with adjustable surface). To extend the use time.
5. Old chains can not be mixed with some new chains, otherwise it is easy to produce impact in transmission and break chains.
6. The chain should be filled with lubricating oil in time. Lubricating oil must enter the mating clearance between roller and inner sleeve to improve working conditions and reduce wear.
7. When the machine is stored for a long time, the chains should be removed and cleaned with kerosene or diesel oil, then coated with oil or butter and stored in a dry place to prevent rust.