The main difference between double pitch sprocket and gear
The ANSI Sprocket is driven by a chain, and the model unit is generally imperial. Available in single row, double row and multiple rows. Suitable for low speed, heavy load and high temperature conditions. Compared with Gears, it can be used in the center of the two axes. The gears are driven by mutual meshing. The model units are mostly metric and are expressed in modulus. The power and speed range of the drive is large. The compact structure enables a large transmission ratio, high efficiency and long service life.
The main differences between and are:
1. The gear is involute tooth shape, and the Ball Bearing Idler Sprocket is a "three arc straight line" tooth shape.
2. The gear can realize the transmission between the parallel shaft and any interlaced shaft, and the sprocket can only realize the transmission between the parallel shafts.
3. The gear transmission structure is compact, and the sprocket can be transmitted over long distances.
4. The gear is realized by the gear teeth of the two gears meshing with each other, and the two sprocket wheels are driven by the chain.
5. The gear transmits more torque than the Single Double Sprocket.
6. Gear machining accuracy and installation cost are higher than sprocket.
7. Chain drive is suitable for transmission with large center distance, and has the characteristics of light weight and low cost.
8. In the chain drive, the processing precision and installation accuracy of the chain and sprocket and the accuracy of the center distance are lower than the gear requirements. It is easier to change the parameters (transmission ratio, center distance, etc.) of the existing chain drive. easy and convenient;
9. Under normal circumstances, the chain drive has the characteristics that the higher sprocket teeth and the chain participate at the same time and the sprocket has a large arc and a small gear stress concentration. Therefore, the chain transmission has a large bearing capacity. The surface of the tooth is also relatively lightly worn;
10. Since the chain has better elasticity, and each hinge part of the chain can store lubricating oil, it has better buffering capacity and vibration absorbing ability than the rigid contact teeth;
11. When the transmission capacity is limited by space, the center distance is small, the instantaneous transmission ratio is constant, or the transmission ratio is too large, the speed is extremely high, and the noise requirement is small, the performance of the chain transmission is not as good as the gear transmission.