Briefly describe the difference between gears and sprocketsThe sprocket is driven by a chain, usually in English units. There are single-line, double-line and multi-line. Suitable for low speed, heavy load, high temperature and other working conditions. Compared with Gears, it can be used for dual-axis centers. The gears are driven by meshing with each other. Most of the units are metric units, expressed in modulo. The gearbox has a large range of power and speed. Compact structure, large transmission ratio, high efficiency and long service life.
The main differences between gears and sprockets are:
1. The gear has an involute tooth profile, and the sprocket has a "three-arc straight line" tooth profile.
2. The gear can realize the transmission between parallel shafts and any staggered shaft, while the sprocket can only realize the transmission between parallel shafts.
3. The gear transmission structure is compact, and the sprocket can realize long-distance transmission.
4. The gear is driven by the meshing of two teeth, and the two sprockets must be driven by a chain.
5. The gear has more torque than the sprocket.
6. The machining accuracy and installation cost of the gear are higher than that of the sprocket.
7. The sprocket drive is suitable for the drive with a large center distance, and has the characteristics of light weight and low cost.
8. Machining precision and precision of middle sprocket and sprocket. Chain transmission is smaller than gear transmission. It is easy to change the parameters of the existing chain drive (transmission ratio, center distance, etc.).
9. Under normal circumstances, the sprocket transmission has a high sprocket gear meshing with the chain at the same time, the sprocket tooth groove arc is large, and the gear stress concentration is small, so the sprocket transmission has a larger bearing capacity and the tooth surface wear is light;
10. Because the sprocket has good elasticity, and each hinge part of the sprocket has a storage of lubricating oil, it has better cushioning capacity and vibration absorption capacity compared with rigid contact teeth.
11. When the transmission capacity is limited by space, the center distance is small, the instantaneous transmission ratio is constant, or the transmission ratio is too high, the speed is very high, and the noise requirement is small, and the performance of sprocket transmission is not as good as gear transmission.