How to replace escalator step chain and sprocket
The cascade sprockets cannot be replaced individually, the entire chain needs to be replaced, and because the left and right chains need to be paired, the replacement of the left and right chains needs to be replaced together.
1. Determine the number of stepped sprockets that need to be replaced, and it is best to calculate according to the entire chain (the definition of the entire chain is that the connection between the chain and the chain is connected by the shaft with a retaining ring, not riveted).
2. Remove the inner and outer cover plates and apron plates of a straight section at the lower end and the length is about 6 meters.
3. Remove the step on the chain that needs to be replaced.
4. Run the part to be replaced with the chain to the position where the inner and outer covers and apron plates are removed.
5. The lower end of the loose-grade special chain is tightened.
6. Use special components (or iron wire) to fix the chain without dismantling.
7. Remove and replace the step chain.
8. Tighten the step chain after the replacement.
9. Install steps and adjust.
10. Install other removal parts.
11. Test operation.